Thursday, July 26, 2007

Get Your Piece of the Literary Pie & Feed Your Muse!



Above: The blueberry literary pie--designed to feed the muse and bring together those who have a passion for writing.

This week I got my piece of literary pie--along with other Big Bear authors Rita S. Robinson-Campbell & Joan Cline (aka William Sarabande) and Kat Blanc. We all took a couple hours from our busy schedules to get together for lunch.

The literary pie is actually the recipe of Patry Francis, author of the Liar's Diary. The rules are that you have to thank your muse (and feed her) and get together with others of the literary mindset to do it. I included the literary pie recipe on the Fawnskin Flyer last year. So, I baked the pie and we all got together for good company, good conversation, and good food.



Above: Fawnskin authors (left to right), Joan Cline, Rita Robinson, and Diana Guerrero.

Did we talk about writing? Yes, but that was not the focus of the afternoon. We chatted about all kinds of topics and yes, we thanked our muses and fed them--so we all expect to be more creative and productive than usual.

When I conducted seminars on creativity we followed the guidelines of Julia Cameron. Part of the process included taking a day off to fill the creative well. Sometimes we get too busy to make the time to do so.

I have to say that I've been guilty of that lately and the break to spend time with other working writers to talk about anything that came to mind was fun and refreshing. Below are the books our little lunch group has written.

If you are working on your writing, I'd suggest taking a break. Get together with a group of writers or avid readers and indulge in a bit of literary pie--to feed your muse and stimulate your taste buds!

Books by Fawnskin Author Diana L Guerrero


Books by Fawnskin Author Joan Cline aka William Sarabande



Books by Fawnskin Author Rita S Robinson



Books by Big Bear Author Kat Blanc



Thanks to Patry Francis for the recipe...here is her book:

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Patry Francis said...

I don't think my blueberry pie ever looked quite that perfect! Your muses are definitely spoiled...as well they should be. That's an impressive collection of work they're responsible for.

Thanks for reminding me it's that time of year...

P.S. I got the recipe from writer Susan Messer. I can't wait to tell
her that our little tradition now has a life of its own. I couldn't be more pleased! Here's to happy muses everywhere!

July 26, 2007 at 11:35 AM  
Blogger Ark Lady said...

Glad you stopped by--see you around Gather!

July 26, 2007 at 11:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home