Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Promoting Your Brand & Other Author Tools: Review of Xiosoft Instant Teleseminar (Telewebcast)

One of the things I've done to promote my work recently is teleseminars and telewebcasts. In case you are not familiar with such online activities, let me explain.

We all know what a seminar is, right? A teleseminar is one that takes place via your phone line.

Since I live in a rural area I find these ideal. All I have to do to attend is sign up and then call the line and enter the passcode on the time and day of the event.

Over the past two years the strategies that I have picked up from such efforts have landed me national media coverage for my book and my brand. I'll get into these in the next few posts as well--because landing spots as an expert on the Today Show and on ABC News and NBC News is something I am sure every author wants to learn!

Recently I discovered a new type of program called Instant Teleseminar-which actually is a teleseminar and telewebcast combined. This program is similar to teleseminars except that you can also attend, or have your readers attend, via the internet. This allows you a wider audience AND lets people hear the course or interview after it is done.

Not too long ago I interviewed author, Karen Mehringer to help her promote her new book and you can listen to the telewebcast of Sail into Your Dreams by clicking here now.

This was my first test of the program that Rick Radditz launched earlier this year. There have been several glitches during a couple of my telesseminar/telewebcasts but you can see how nice the final program looks.

What I like about the Xiosoft Instant Teleseminar program it is that it instantly becomes available online after you are done. I have not yet integrated the program into my websites but that is the next step.

I was disappointed that some of the features I thought were coming are slower to materialize-- but they are being added. One of the perks is that each month I get to attend the inner circle group of people who are using the system and so am part of the crew who get to help shape it.

Alex Mandossian and Rick Radditz are introducing new features almost on a monthly basis to make it worth the monthly fee. I tried the $7 offer for a free trial and stayed with it after the trial was done. If you click on any of the links in this post, you will be able to take advantage of the same offer. But let me finish my review...

Currently I am using an hour class on animal behavior as a bonus to drive people to subscribe to my eNewsletter. One of the reasons you take such steps is to build your list.

If you are not currently building your email list--get that on your "to do" list because that is how you are going to reach a larger audience. It also helps your readers by giving them information not available elsewhere.

Let's not forget that it helps forge a closer relationship with those readers and hopefully they will help you fine-tune the direction you move by actually telling you what they are waiting for or what they want from you.

I am also able to have others send out an email to drive new people over to take advantage of the free class. You can see how I am driving traffic to my animal site from the teleseminar/telewebcast by sending an email to freeclass insert-the-at-symbol-here arkanimals.com.

You should receive an invitation to the free class and the link immediately. I'll talk about using an autoresponder in another post.

Anyway, when I advertise or send out press releases this email address can be included to get readers over to the course for a personal introduction via audio. I can also schedule a course and offer it online almost immediately.

The Xiosoft Instant Teleseminar system can be used in a variety of ways but I have been reluctant to really market it yet because I've had glitches during each of the bigger telewebcasts I have done. This did not make me happy...

However, I have to say that when contacted, Rick Radditz got back to me personally right away. The developer also sent me an email so I could help them troubleshoot the problem--which turned out to be a browser issue in one instance and server issues in two others.

Rick went the extra mile and gave me his private email address AND his cell number. I'd say that is pretty great because I really hate not being able to reach a live human or not getting a response in a timely manner.

So, the support on the other end is a huge plus. I thought the product was ready to go but it is still being fine-tuned and developed further. As part of the early crew I have to say that my experience has been pretty good so far. For now, I am staying on board because I think it is a great shift from the teleseminar model.

If you would like to check it out, please click this link to view the demo video of the InstantTeleseminar.Com

Labels: ,